I gratefully acknowledge the personal advice and support from colleagues in researching aspects of the St. Barnabas Centre barn, Thorley, Bishop's Stortford.
- Bob (R.W.) Stroud
- a colleague who has patiently assisted with the first-hand investigation of the barn and whose eye
for detail has eliminated many mistakes!
- Adrian (A.V.B.) Gibson M.B.E.
- for awakening my interest in timber framed building architecture and encouraging me to pursue all
aspects of this single study of a unique timber framed building.
- Anne Padfield
- for casting her experienced eye over the timbers of the barn and pointing out features that required
further investigation and then proof reading the barn architecture text.
- Peter Cooper
- for many of the colour photographs of details of features in the barn.
- Andy Moir (Tree-Ring Services)
- for his advice and photographs.
- The Editor - Church Building Magazine
- for permission to include the article written in Church Building Magazine, September - October 1996
- and finally, sincere thanks to
- whose idea it was to commit my researches to a website and who was most patient and understanding in the reorganisation of the original material in order to make it fit for publication.
- for revising the website.
I should appreciate any information that would further my researches into the
St. Barnabas Centre barn at Thorley or any aspect of local history connected with the village of Thorley, Hertfordshire.